Recipe-Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
Hold on to your carrots folks, this recipe isn't for the faint of heart. This is for those moments you wanna knock someone's socks off. Birthdays, office parties, special events, or just a little somethin' somethin' to brighten anyone's day.
For this recipe you will need to have some frozen bananas at the ready. I like to buy a lot of the soft, brownish discounted ones at the store. Bring a bunch of those slightly bruised babies home, peel them, slice them and stick them in an airtight container to get them ready for blender action later. Bananas are a vegan dream, full of lots of good stuff and they have enough sweetness to replace sugar in many recipes.
But if you are looking for a sugar-free recipe, I am sorry, this is not one of them. This is an all out, feed your face whatever you want sort of treat. That being said, you can make the ice cream cookie sandwiches small, so each sweet treat isn't too much of a good thing all at once. My kids had no complaints hahah.
Le't get to it and go bananas with this chocolate nice cream recipe!
Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
4 frozen bananas, sliced
1/2-1/3 cup pure cocoa powder (some like a lotta chocolate flava, some like just a touch)
a pinch of sea salt
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Place in an airtight container and freeze.
For this recipe you will want to freeze it for about one hour until you are able to get a nice scoop out to put between the cookie squares.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
WARNING! This cookie recipe is highly addictive and will make anyone you feed it to believe you are some sort of vegan witch. At least you'll be a hot vegan witch.
1 cup vegan butter, softened (make sure to use butter, not coconut oil)
1 cup white sugar or coconut sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 flax or chia seed eggs (1 tbs. ground flax or chia seed mixed with 3 tbs. water and allowed to sit for around 10 minutes)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-2 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips OR chopped dairy-free dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together the vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the vegan egg a bit at a time, then add the vanilla.
3. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
4. Add flour one cup at a time and mix between each add. You will be getting your workout in by stirring this up, so no need to feel guilty when you eat it.
5. Stir in chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
6. In a large rectangular baking pan lined with baking paper, plop down pieces of the dough throughout the pan and flatten, making as even as possible. You can also bake these the regular cookie way to make chocolate chip cookies to eat on their own.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely before cutting into 3 inch * 3 inch squares.
1. If nice cream is too hard, you'll have to let sit for abo0ut 10 minutes until nice and scoopable.
2. Prepare 2 scoops of the chocolate chip cookie squares and scoop 1 scoop of the chocolate nice cream onto the top of one cookie square that's been turned upside down. Place another cookie on top, right side up. Gently press and smooth out the ice cream as necessary.
4. Repeat until all sandwiches are assembled.
5. Serve immediately or place in freezer, using baking paper to separate the ice cream cookie sandwiches.